A SUMMARISED VERSION OF THE SEVEN-STEP DEFINITIVE OBJECTIVES FOR THE TANA BARU CEMETERY.
(more or less sequentially but overlap and re-prioritisation allowed for)
- Preserve and maintain the 18000 sq.m site (as is) in pristine state i.e. free of rubble, refuse, excreta & rubbish and with the existing flora kept trim and tidy.
- Upgrade shrines (mausoleums) of Tuan Guru, Tuan Sayed Alawie, Tuan Nuruman, Abubakr Effendi, the Rhode qabr and reconstitute the well and pit as the seven features of interest to visitors.
- Rehabilitate the fence around the whole site.
- Purchase nearby properties for use as resource centre and accomodation for staff.
- Persuade current private owners to cede land to The Tana Baru Trust or to sell it to the Trust for a nominal amount.
- Implement a Landscaping Proposal that will dramatically transform the site.
- Motivate, garner support and make representation to the relevant authorities for the Tana Baru as a whole to be declared a national heritage site and for a part of it to be re-opened as a burial ground.
FOR A MORE DETAILED VERSION OF EACH OF THESE STEPS PLEASE CONSULT THE TANA BARU TRUST.
|Account Name||Tana Baru Trust|
|Branch||St. George’s Street, Cape Town|
|Branch Code||100 909|
|Account Number||100 937 44 00|
|Reference||Please enter your Name and Surname|
The Tana Baru Trust